Application for Candidacy for the Board of Directors Term 2022 – 2023/2024
Due Nov 9th
Online election takes place among Business Improvement District Members through December
Board elections are once a year and this term we have a few opportunities to serve for 2 or 3 year terms:
2 Business Improvement District members
1 Associate Member
To be on the board requires you to attend the BOD once a month, and also to put in about 4 hours a month of volunteer time, talking to those on your board block list.
Board members volunteer and assist with sponsorships, either personally investing, or helping recruit.
- Determine the organization’s mission and purpose. It is the board’s responsibility to create and review a statement of mission and purpose that articulates the organization’s goals, means, and primary constituents served.
- Select the chief executive. Boards must reach consensus on the chief executive’s responsibilities and undertake a careful search to find the most qualified individual for the position.
- Provide proper financial oversight. The board must assist in developing the annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
- Ensure adequate resources. One of the board’s foremost responsibilities is to provide adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability. The board is ultimately responsible for ensuring adherence to legal standards and ethical norms.
- Ensure effective organizational planning. Boards must actively participate in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan’s goals.
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance. All boards have a responsibility to articulate prerequisites for candidates, orient new members, and periodically and comprehensively evaluate its own performance.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing. The board should clearly articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community.
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services. The board’s responsibility is to determine which programs are consistent with the organization’s mission and to monitor their effectiveness.
- Support the chief executive and assess his or her performance. The board should ensure that the chief executive has the moral and professional support he or she needs to further the goals of the organization.