Mary Ann Boyer, Administrative and Membership Coordinator
Jazlyn Pellerino, Special Events Coordinator
Rachel Rogers, Media Coordinator
Our staff depends on volunteers to make our program run efficiently. We are always looking for new recruits to support our events, click below to get signed up in our volunteer database.
January 2022 Policy update:
We stand behind County protocol. Anything the GVDA is involved in, we follow and support the current mandates and protocol from the County for face coverings and social distancing. This includes hosting an event or volunteering. Any gathering of board members that is 2 or more represents the GVDA. No exceptions: If volunteers cannot wear a face covering or maintain social distancing, they cannot volunteer.
If you are interested in serving as a Grass Valley Downtown Association director of the board we invite you to attend our board meetings and become acquainted with the Grass Valley Downtown Association’s Program of Work. First Board of Directors meeting 2022 on Jan 27th, 9:15 online.
Application and job description: Board application Application for Candidacy for the Board of Directors, and see 10 duties of non-profit members. GVDA Bylaws
Contact GVDA about attending board or committee meetings at 530-272-8315
Contacts for our Board of Directors for 2022
- Lillie Piland, Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue Amick, Immediate Past Chairemail@example.com
- Craig Hamilton, Incoming Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Joy Porter, Secretary -email@example.com
- Debbe Blakemore, Treasurerfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Alyssa Orellana, Board Member-Champagnejanesalon@gmail.com
Jan Arbuckle, Liaison from Grass Valley City Council – email@example.com
Mandatory Requirments to serve on the GVDA board of directors, updated and approved on August 2020 by the GVDA board:
- It is a mandatory requirement that members of the Board of Directors be affiliated with businesses that hold all federal, state, county, and city licenses, permits, and approvals required for their operations.
- Advisory statement: Service on the GVDA Board amounts to leadership in the local business community and requires directors to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest and to maintain cordial, professional relationships with our members, other stakeholders, and the governments with which we work closely – the City of Grass Valley and County of Nevada.
We believe Main Streets are for everyone. At the core of our approach to revitalization is a commitment to creating places of shared prosperity, equal access to opportunity, and inclusive engagement.