Our Mission Statement
The Grass Valley Downtown Association represents its general membership with a unified voice in economic development and historical preservation of downtown Grass Valley and our community.
We utilize the National Main Street Four Point Approach as the structure we use for supporting the beautification activities and community events that we host thus fostering a viable, healthy downtown business district that is recognized as one of California’s certified Main Street communities.
We believe Main Streets are for everyone. At the core of our approach to revitalization is a commitment to creating places of shared prosperity, equal access to opportunity, and inclusive engagement.
The National Main Street Center models and champions this vision through our actions and programs.
Subscribe to newsletters HERE
National Trust for Historic Preservation
Save the Past/ Enrich the Future
Grass Valley Downtown Bylaws & Procedures
Grass Valley Downtown Association Bylaws 2022 Amended 10-24-2022
We are an arm of the City of Grass Valley, alongside the Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Visit our vision for downtown Grass Valley in our GVDA Strategic Plan Jan 2022
Sign up for our weekly email- contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know what the City of Grass Valley has planned, short term and long term, visit their Strategic Plan here
California Main Street Association spotlight on Grass Valley Downtown Association
City of Grass Valley Strategic Plan
Keep Nevada County Clean and Safe
MyNevadaCounty places the power of Nevada County Government in the palm of your hands. Easily report issues to the Community Development Agency (CDA) through our online app. Your request will automatically be routed to the correct department. Thank you for taking the time to keep Nevada County clean and safe.
Contacting the Police
Please do not call 911 unless it is an emergency. You can call Grass Valley Police Department at dispatch
Community Police: contact dispatch: 530-265-7880
Officer John Herrera: 530-362-0075
Grass Valley Downtown Association Annual Report
Annual Report 2020-2021 Accomplishments of the Grass Valley Downtown Association.docx (1)
Business Information & Resources
Current Safety Measures
Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and strongly recommended in indoor public settings for all, regardless of vaccination status.
California Department of Public Health Guidance on Masking
As of June 15th, capacity and distancing restrictions have been lifted for most businesses and activities. Large-scale indoor events will have vaccination or negative test requirements for attendees through at least October 1st.
- See the State of California’s current safety measures
- See the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidance for Mega Events
- See Beyond the Blueprint Questions & Answers from CDPH
- See the CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings
Financial Aid for Businesses
Below are “quicklinks” to the latest business resources and information, especially grants and loans.
For updates on grants and business resources, subscribe to the Coronavirus Business Task Force list at www.mynevadacounty.com/BusinessResourcesSubscription.
Latest Grants & Loans
- Microbusiness Grants
- Agricultural Community Resources
- California Small Business Relief Grant Program
- Emergency Broadband Benefit
- Nevada County Relief Fund: Provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- Learn more about the application process and qualifications for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant on this recorded webinar hosted by the Northern California SBDC Finance Center.
Nevada County partners with the Sierra Business Council and the Sierra Small Business Development Center to provide one-on-one support, funding assistance, trainings, and workshops.
If you need help with your small business recovery plan or applying for a grant or a loan, their advisors offer free assistance.
State Resources for Businesses
The State of California has several websites to help you navigate the pandemic and access the resources to help your business recover.
- The Business page has information for businesses and employers on grants and loans, technical assistance, and how to manage COVID-19 in the workplace. The main https://covid19.ca.gov/ page is full of useful resources and general updates, too.
- The GO Biz site is run by the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development and is a good resource for Covid-19 resources. Sign up for the GoBiz newsletter to receive updates and announcements as they happen.
Federal Resources for Businesses
- The US Small Business Administration’s site lists Covid-19 guidance and resources; the SBA is currently offering the Paycheck Protection Program; SBA is a good site to learn about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, and the Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
Nevada County Relief Fund
The Nevada County Relief Fund provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines. Visit their website at www.nevcorelief.org for information on current funding opportunities.
No Cost PPE for Small Businesses
The County’s Office of Emergency Services (OES) is offering local small business owners (25 employees or less) masks and hand sanitizer at no cost. Learn more or apply here.
Workplace Exposure Information & Resources
Connect to employer resources for prevention, preparedness, workplace exposures, and outbreak management. Go to our Workplace Exposures page.
Resources & Support for Local Businesses
- Sierra Small Business Development Center
Provides free one-on-one consulting, training, and funding application assistance to local businesses.
- Nevada County Economic Resource Council
- Alliance for Workforce Development
Provides training and assistance for job seekers and works with businesses to recruit and train staff.
- Grass Valley Downtown Association
- Greater Grass Valley Chamber
- Nevada City Chamber of Commerce
- Nevada County Arts Council
- Penn Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce
Collaborative Resources for Nevada County Small Businesses Facebook Group
Share resources and support with other local small businesses. Moderated by the County of Nevada and the Sierra Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Posters, Flyers, & Graphics
Download and print signs and graphics to display at your business.